A process for making a physical object from a three-dimensional digital model, typically by laying down many successive thin layers of a material: if you use 3D printing for prototypes you will simply be able to go to market faster
More example sentences
- If 3D printing is something that excites you, get ready for a rush.
- As a manufacturing process, 3D printing is what is known as an "additive" technology.
- There are vast logistics for 3D printing to tackle in order to challenge the supply chain in such a way.
- More example sentences
- The best part is that you don't need access to a 3D printer.
- It is based on rapid prototyping technology commonly used to manufacture plastic components from computer-generated blueprints - effectively a form of 3D printer.
- She designs her stuff on a computer, sometimes writing programs to help figure out the weird dimensionality of the objects, then prints it on a 3D printer.
Definition of 3D printing in:
- The British & World English dictionary