- An early form of sonar used to detect submarines.More example sentences
- The second Netherlands submarine, K.XI, arrived in Fremantle on March 22, 1945 after spending most of the war as an asdic training submarine for the British and Indian navies.
- Intent on getting a definite asdic signal before asking for air support, Jakey steered nearer to the Island.
- The creeping attack insured that the first assault would come without warning because the enemy would not pick up the asdic of the first ship right above her.
World War I: acronym from Allied Submarine Detection Investigation Committee.
More definitions of ASDICDefinition of ASDIC in:
- The British & World English dictionary