Definition of Abkhaz in English:
Relating to Abkhazia, its people, or their language.
- It is true that the military channelled logistical support to Abkhaz separatists during the war.
- The apparent end of the Abkhaz election crisis should pave the way for resuming talks with Georgia on settling the territorial conflict.
- The Abkhaz coast appears, fringed with palms, oleanders and groves of eucalyptus trees planted long ago by the Russians to dry out the malarial marshes.
nounBack to top
1A member of a Caucasian people living in Abkhazia.
- No one has been able to offer anything attractive enough to woo the South Ossetians and Abkhaz into a unified country.
- However, among the Abkhaz and Ossetians, tension and radical nationalism after the disintegration of the Soviet Union led to civil wars.
- They were represented on the flag by green and white stripes: four greens for the Muslims (Circassians, Balkars, Chechens, Daghestan) and three whites for the Christians (the Abkhaz, Kabards, Ossetians).
Words that rhyme with Abkhazas, Baz, has, jazz, pizzazz, razz, whereas
Definition of Abkhaz in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan