- Of or relating to the region comprising the Adriatic Sea and its coasts and islands.More example sentences
- As their ruined villas attest, the Romans went to Brioni, an island in the Adriatic off the coast of Croatia.
- The region along the Adriatic coast has a Mediterranean climate with mild winters and hot, dry summers.
- One of the key supply routes in the region linking the Black Sea and the Adriatic coast runs through Bulgaria, Macedonia and Albania.
noun(the Adriatic) Back to top
- The Adriatic Sea or its coasts and islands.More example sentences
- A single commander was appointed to head the combined NATO / WEU task force in the Adriatic.
- I used to fly out of bases on the Adriatic.
- I last saw her duck diving into the crystalline blue waters of the Adriatic, I didn't see her surface.
More definitions of AdriaticDefinition of Adriatic in:
- The British & World English dictionary