- A Vedantic doctrine that identifies the individual self (atman) with the ground of reality (brahman). It is associated especially with the Indian philosopher Shankara (c 788–820).More example sentences
- Ultimate reality in Advaita Vedanta is Brahman.
- Later many philosophers did not agree with his absolute monism, and they have had introduced various revisions in the philosophical basis of Advaita Vedanta of Shankara.
- The three main systems of Vedanta are Advaita, Vishishtadvaita and Dvaita.
Sanskrit, literally 'nonduality'.
More definitions of AdvaitaDefinition of Advaita in:
- The British & World English dictionary