- Of or relating to the region comprising the Aegean Sea and its coasts and islands.More example sentences
- The Aegean region is packed with out-of-the-way places to bike, climb, raft, trek, windsurf, and sea kayak.
- In the Aegean region, especially, a revolution in tractor usage took place.
- Grieving their lost companions, Ulysses and his men at long last reached a peaceful Aegean island.
noun(the Aegean) Back to top
- The Aegean Sea or its region.More example sentences
- On September 23 1942 he took off from an airfield near Alexandria on a solo reconnaissance over the Aegean.
- With more the 300 days of sunshine Rhodes is the pearl of the Aegean.
- In 490 he sent a fleet across the Aegean to Marathon.
early 17th century: via Latin from Greek Aigaios + -ean.
More definitions of AegeanDefinition of Aegean in:
- The British & World English dictionary