Definition of African daisy in English:
A plant of the daisy family, sometimes cultivated for its bright flowers.
- Family Compositae: several genera, in particular Dimorphotheca, Arctotis, and Gerbera
- South African daisies are a great group of plants and dozens of varieties have been developed in Britain recently.
- For a splash of bright yellow or orange choose Gazania Sundance whose blooms look like miniature sunflowers, or the African daisy Arctotis, which comes in white, yellow and blue.
- Groundcovers may include African daisy, trailing gazania or even large-leafed Algerian ivy.
Definition of African daisy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan