- A notifiable viral disease of horses, which is usually fatal. It is transmitted by biting insects and occurs chiefly in Africa, the Middle East, and the Mediterranean.More example sentences
- A new study finds camels highly resistant to hostile bacteria and to viral diseases such as foot-and-mouth disease and African horse sickness, and are unaffected by BSE.
- The deadly African horse sickness, which has restricted the movement of horses to South Africa in recent years, was a cause for concern when considering the stallion's future.
- Jerry sprays her horse to protect it from the African horse sickness bedevilling the province.
More definitions of African horse sicknessDefinition of African horse sickness in:
- The British & World English dictionary