Definition of African violet in English:
A small East African plant with heart-shaped velvety leaves and violet, pink, or white flowers.
- Genus Saintpaulia, family Gesneriaceae: several species, in particular S. ionantha, a popular houseplant
- Fluorescent light gardens are similarly ideal for growing and blooming compact plants like African violets, some orchids, and many other kinds of indoor plants.
- For color and interest, consider adding flowering plants, such as African violets, roses and geraniums.
- But hairy-leaved plants, such as African violets, should just be dusted with a dry feather duster or a makeup brush every once in a while.
Definition of African violet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan