- Books, artifacts, and other collectors' items connected with Africa, in particular southern Africa.More example sentences
- Two-thirds of the shop's books are Africana, plus modern first editions, and children's and illustrated books.
- As a consequence, vast intellectual, humanitarian, economic and political resources will likely be brought to bear in service to the peoples of Africa, and we will need well-trained scholars in Africana studies to play a role.
- The courses in the Africana studies department offer a global perspective, are rigorous, and demand high levels of performance by students, including critical thinking, research and extensive reading and writing.
More definitions of AfricanaDefinition of Africana in:
- The British & World English dictionary