noun( • trademark in the UK)
- A composite material consisting of sheets of aluminum alloy coated with pure aluminum or a different alloy to increase corrosion resistance.More example sentences
- The Curtiss P - 36A was to be built entirely out of metal with a cantilever multi-Spar wing that was skinned with 24ST Alclad.
- There have been some reports of Alclad taking a few days to dry when sprayed over their gloss black base.
- Below, you'll also find images of some models finished in Alclad, and the results are quite stunning!
1920s: from al(uminum) + clad1.
More definitions of AlcladDefinition of Alclad in:
- The British & World English dictionary