- A hydromagnetic shear wave in a plasma that moves along magnetic field lines. The velocity of such waves (the Alfvén velocity or speed) is characteristic for a plasma of given properties.More example sentences
- Magnetohydrodynamic waves (Alfvén waves) are produced by coupling forces between the magnetic field and highly conductive fluids.
- At the cyclotron frequency the Alfvén wave becomes resonant, and the wavelength goes to zero.
- In the present experiments only one module of the Alfvén wave antenna system has been used.
More definitions of Alfvén waveDefinition of Alfvén wave in:
- The British & World English dictionary