(also Alzheimer's disease)
- Progressive mental deterioration that can occur in middle or old age, due to generalized degeneration of the brain. It is the most common cause of premature senility.More example sentences
- They were isolated from the brains of patients with Alzheimer's disease more than 15 years ago.
- Parkinson's disease or Alzheimer's disease can make people lose their sense of smell.
- Acupuncture may help Alzheimer's disease by slowing down the deterioration of the brain cells.
early 20th century: named after Alois Alzheimer (1864–1915), German neurologist who first identified it.
More definitions of Alzheimer'sDefinition of Alzheimer's in:
- The British & World English dictionary