(also Amboyna wood)
- The decorative wood of a rapidly growing Southeast Asian tree, often used for furniture making.
More example sentences
- The tree is Pterocarpus indicus, family Leguminosae
- Exotic Amboina wood handles are decorated with a unique compass shield and capped off with Nickel silver bolsters.
- This refers as well to my wooden reel-seats made from selected and rare Amboina wood.
- He remained partial to the use of rare woods such as Macassar Ebony, the burr of Amboina wood, Brasilian Rosewood and Palisander.
mid 19th century: named after Amboina Island (see Ambon).