, also American depositary share)
- (In the US) a negotiable certificate of title to a number of shares in a non-US company that are deposited in an overseas bank.More example sentences
- While I invest most of my savings in mutual funds, I also own some American depositary receipts of Europe's biggest drugmaker, which I bought more than ten years ago.
- You can browse among the hundreds of foreign companies that list their shares on U.S. exchanges using American depositary receipts.
- Separately, lawsuits have been filed by investors in France and the U.S., where their American depositary receipts trade.
More definitions of American depositary receiptDefinition of American depositary receipt in:
- The British & World English dictionary