Definition of Amytal in English:
A barbiturate drug used as a sedative and a hypnotic.
- Alternative name: 5-ethyl-5-isopropylbarbituric acid, or its sodium salt (sodium amytal); chemical formula: C11H18N2O3
- Intravenous sodium amytal (Amytal, Luminal, Nembutal) elicited no benefit, but intravenous zolpidem did.
- Well, I'm going to ask people to take a look at that magazine, because it discusses a drug called sodium amytal, which is a hallucinogenic barbiturate.
- They used a variety of methods, including hypnosis, injections of sodium amytal, guided imagery, dream work, participation in survivor groups, even massage therapy to recover ‘body memories’ of abuse.
Definition of Amytal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia