- 1A great personal opponent of Christ who will spread evil throughout the world before being conquered at Christ’s Second Coming.More example sentences
- And when the Antichrist finally appears, even many former Christians will welcome him - because their hearts will be of a kindred spirit!
- During this time, the Antichrist will appear, and say that he's God.
- Just remember that our plans involve giant corporations, mass death via poisoning, supersoldiers, and Jesus Christ/the Antichrist.
- 1.1A person or force seen as opposing Christ or the Christian Church.More example sentences
- Meanwhile, a truckload of tiny Antichrists are running around and leading the world, all vying for the title of ‘The Ultimate Antichrist,’ which will undoubtedly be a pay-per-view event later this year.
- And Catholicism can produce both John Paul and, when it goes sour, Antichrists like Hitler.
- You haven't made any animatronic Antichrists or 666 beasts or anything like that?
Old English, via Old French or ecclesiastical Latin from Greek antikhristos, from anti 'against' + Khristos (see Christ).
More definitions of AntichristDefinition of Antichrist in:
- The British & World English dictionary