- 1An order of tailless amphibians that comprises the frogs and toads. Also called Salientia or Batrachia.More example sentences
- Of three possible histories, the only one that has not been seriously considered is an Anura (frogs and toads) - Gymnophiona sister relationship, with Caudata sister to that group.
- Frogs and toads make up the order Anura, which is part of the vertebrate class Amphibia.
- Until recently, study of the motor control of amphibian feeding was limited to a few model taxa, for example the genera Bufo and Rana representing the Anura, and salamanders of the genus Ambystoma representing the Caudata.
- 1.1 (as plural noun anura) Amphibians of the order Anura; frogs and toads.More example sentences
- The living Anura are typically divided into three suborders.
- The Anura are remarkable for the total absence of teeth in the mandibles in all but one or two genera.
- The toxic epidermis of some Anura when impacted into a bite wound via teeth & saliva can likely create these reactions.
modern Latin, from an-1 + Greek oura 'tail'.
More definitions of AnuraDefinition of Anura in:
- The British & World English dictionary