(also Anytown USA)
- Any real or fictional place regarded as being typical of American small-town appearance or values: the party was looking for that elusive candidate from AnytownMore example sentences
- Supermarkets stand accused of committing grievous bodily harm to the social and economic fabric of British life, turning urban centres into ghost towns or undifferentiated Anytowns.
- It's debatable whether the proliferation of these chain stores turns places like Farmington or Lock Haven into homogenous Anytowns.
- Most recently, as the city underwent an economic boom fueled by the stock market and the Internet, rock and roll has turned into a headless beast; its home turf the garages and basements of suburban Anytowns across the country.
More definitions of AnytownDefinition of Anytown in:
- The British & World English dictionary