- another term for Sporozoa.More example sentences
- Current thinking in the phylogeny of protists places the dinoflagellates in the Alveolates, along with the Apicomplexa, Ciliata, and Foraminifera.
- Two other phyla thought to be closely related to dinoflagellates are the Ciliophora and the Apicomplexa.
- A final group of Alveolates are the Apicomplexa, a group of parasitic and disease-causing protists.
More definitions of ApicomplexaDefinition of Apicomplexa in:
- The British & World English dictionary