(also the Appalachians)
- A mountain system in eastern North America that stretches from Quebec and Maine in the north to Georgia and Alabama in the south. Its highest peak, Mount Mitchell in North Carolina, rises to 6,684 feet (2,037 m).More example sentences
- Brook trout are found as far south as Georgia in the Appalachian mountain range and extend north all the way to Hudson Bay.
- The collision between Gondwana and Laurasia led to the formation of the Appalachian belt in North America and the Hercynian Mountains in Europe.
- His plan was an ambitious trek of the Appalachian ranges from Georgia to Maine during the summer vacation.
More definitions of Appalachian MountainsDefinition of Appalachian Mountains in:
- The British & World English dictionary