- A horse of a North American breed having dark spots on a light background.More example sentences
- I have a newfound respect for the Arabian breed, but was proud to see several Appaloosas, Quarter Horses, and even a few mules competing.
- No live racing has taken place at the track since 2001, but the tribe wants to hold live racing for Thoroughbreds, Quarter Horses, Appaloosas, and Paints.
- The first 28 days will feature Quarter Horses, Appaloosas, and Paints.
1920s: from Opelousas in Louisiana, or Palouse, a river in Idaho.
More definitions of AppaloosaDefinition of Appaloosa in:
- The British & World English dictionary