- A device invented by Archimedes for raising water by means of a spiral within a tube.More example sentences
- Interested in machines of many different types, Guidobaldo wrote on the Archimedean screw to raise water.
- There is no evidence whatsoever that Archimedes invented the Archimedean screw.
- The corresponding cylinder analyzed would be the solid body from which the Archimedean screw was carved out.
More definitions of Archimedean screwDefinition of Archimedean screw in:
- The British & World English dictionary