Definition of Arctic fox in English:
A fox with a thick coat that turns white in winter, found on the tundra of North America and Eurasia.
- Alopex lagopus, family Canidae
- Crested Auklet populations are declining due to predation at nesting sites by introduced predators such as Arctic foxes, red foxes, and rats.
- Whales, seabirds and wildflowers are the biggest attractions, but grey and common seals, Arctic foxes, reindeer (imported from Norway in the late eighteenth century) and a variety of other species add to the appeal.
- From the ground, Arctic foxes, ground squirrels, and people are a persistent threat.
Definition of Arctic fox in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.