Definition of Arctic fox in English:
A fox with a thick coat that turns white in winter, found on the tundra of North America and Eurasia.
- Alopex lagopus, family Canidae
- Crested Auklet populations are declining due to predation at nesting sites by introduced predators such as Arctic foxes, red foxes, and rats.
- Whales, seabirds and wildflowers are the biggest attractions, but grey and common seals, Arctic foxes, reindeer (imported from Norway in the late eighteenth century) and a variety of other species add to the appeal.
- From the ground, Arctic foxes, ground squirrels, and people are a persistent threat.
Definition of Arctic fox in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan