Definition of Arctic hare in English:
A hare whose coat turns white in winter, found in the arctic areas of North America.
- Lepus arcticus, family Leporidae
- ‘Arctic hares appear unusually unwary or ‘tame’, ‘notes A W F Banfield in his classic work, The Mammals of Canada.’
- The Arctic hare inhabits the tundra regions of Canada from Newfoundland west to the Mackenzie River Delta and north to the tip of Ellesmere Island.
- The most important adaptations of the Arctic hare are its keen eyesight, acute hearing, and speed.
Definition of Arctic hare in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan