- Some time in the second millennium BCE the Aryan people arrived in north-west India.
- Believing that he had spoken to the ancient Iranian high god Ahura Mazda, Zoroaster undertook a reform of the old Indo-Iranian religion of the Aryan invaders of India and Iran.
- The use of honey was taken to India by its Aryan invaders and became associated with religious rites.
- In the early stages of Hitler's terror, the Jewish spouses of Aryans were spared transportation to ‘the East.’
- Hitler believed that the Aryans were a superior race.
- There he was with black hair, as far away as he could come in appearance from the Aryans, the master race with which he wanted to populate the earth.
The idea that there was an “Aryan” race corresponding to the parent Indo-European language was proposed by certain 19th century writers and was taken up by Hitler and other proponents of racist ideology, but it has been generally rejected by scholars
nounBack to top
- The Jews figured in Nazi ideology as the arch-enemy of the Aryan race.
- They believe the Jews control the U.S. government and are out to destroy the Aryan race.
- The 1935 Nuremberg Race Laws against Jews outlawed mixed marriages in pursuit of a pure Aryan race.
from Sanskrit ārya 'noble' + -an.
Definition of Aryan in:
- The British & World English dictionary