Definition of Asian in English:
Of or relating to Asia or its people, customs, or languages.
- I doubt whether Punjabi or the dozens of other Asian languages have this kind of importance.
- There is a shortage of European language interpreters but no lack of Asian language speakers.
- Similarly, my local library is full of books in Asian languages but no books in Gaelic.
nounBack to top
A native of Asia or a person of Asian descent.
- Note that I am in no way disrespecting Asia, Asians or Asian products with this name.
- It's heartening that the finalists have included Asians, West Indians and Chinese.
- It was also responsible for a gradual introduction of Indians and other Asians into British society.
Definition of Asian in:
- British & World English dictionary