- A large black beetle with white spots whose larvae feed on hardwoods. Infestations in the US have led to large-scale destruction of trees in order to eradicate the pest.
More example sentences
- Anoplophora glabripennis, family Cerambycidae
- Next time you make pancakes, you'd better enjoy that maple syrup, because if Asian long-horned beetles get established in North America, it could soon be a thing of the past.
- Baskin points to Asian long-horned beetles, kudzu, zebra mussels, West Nile virus, spotted knapweed, and caulerpa seaweed as just a few culprits.
- Think of zebra mussels in the Great Lakes and Asian long-horned beetles in New York City.