Definition of Atlantic time in English:
The standard time in a zone including the easternmost parts of mainland Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands, specifically.
- ● (Atlantic Standard Time, abbrev.: AST) Standard time based on the mean solar time at the longitude 60° W, four hours behind GMT. ● (Atlantic Daylight Time, abbrev.: ADT) Atlantic time during daylight savings, three hours behind GMT.
- The data suggests that joining the Atlantic time zone would reduce Quebec's high rates of depression.
- Kate linked to a story this week in the Mirror that makes a case for Quebec joining the Atlantic time zone.
- Official time is four hours behind Greenwich Mean Time, one hour ahead of Atlantic Standard Time.
Definition of Atlantic time in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan