noun (plural same or Atsinas)
- A member of a North American Indian people living chiefly in the north central plains region. They speak an Algonquian language. Also called Gros Ventre.More example sentences
- Mooney estimated that there were 3,000 Arapaho in 1780 and the same number of Atsina.
- Their name for themselves is ‘Aaninen’, Atsina being their Blackfoot name.
- The Atsina are not prominent in history and in most respects are regarded by the Arapaho proper as inferior to them.
adjectiveBack to top
- Of or relating to the Atsina.More example sentences
- Born in the Atsina tribe in 1800, the girl named Shining Sun was abducted by some River Crow hunters.
- This photo shows an Atsina dance Curtis named ‘dance of the flight of arrows’.