- A member of a Hellenistic dynasty centered on the city of Pergamum in Asia Minor and named after Attalus I (reigned 241–197 bc), which flourished in the 3rd and 2nd centuries bc.More example sentences
- Kyme was under the domination, successively of Persia, the Seleucids, the Attalids and finally Rome.
- The Attalids of the Hellenistic period were obviously interested in more than just militaristic ideals.
- It had formal autonomy under the Attalids, who, however, interfered in most aspects of civic government.
adjectiveBack to top
- Of or relating to the Attalid dynasty.More example sentences
- It developed into a major power during the 3rd and 2nd centuries BC under the Attalid dynasty.
More definitions of AttalidDefinition of Attalid in:
- The British & World English dictionary