noun (plural Aunt Sallies)
- 1.2A person or thing that is subjected to much criticism, especially one set up as an easy target for it.More example sentences
- It's an example of the way in which the British royalty have become an Aunt Sally.
- It's a respectable CV, but in his native land he's something of an Aunt Sally.
- It may be true that it acted merely as a proxy, an Aunt Sally for fears about enlargement, unemployment, immigration and inflation.
More definitions of Aunt SallyDefinition of Aunt Sally in:
- The British & World English dictionary