- A prayer to the Virgin Mary used in Catholic worship. The first line is adapted from Luke 1:28. Also called Hail Mary.More example sentences
- It contains fourteen well known hymns such as Amazing Grace, Ave Maria, Be Still.
- Highlights include Ave Maria and God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, but nobody's going to buy it in January.
- Triptych contains an Ave Maria, a Christmas Ode, and an Easter Cantata, all fairly brief.
Middle English: the opening words in Latin, literally 'Hail, Mary!'.
More definitions of Ave MariaDefinition of Ave Maria in:
- The British & World English dictionary