- BlackBerry Messenger, an instant messaging application installed on BlackBerry mobile devices.More example sentences
- All my friends are on BBM, and refuse to try anything else.
- We text all the time and we're always on BBM.
- Unlike social networks like Facebook and Twitter, messages sent through BBM cannot be traced back to the sender's phone.
noun(plural BBMs) Back to top
- An instant messaɡe that is sent or received using BlackBerry Messenger: he just sent me a BBM to remind meMore example sentences
- A 15-year-old boy who likes a 15-year-old girl, sends her a BBM and is able to measure how important he is to her based on the speed of response.
- My aunt sent me the cutest BBM.
- I picked up my phone and had a slew of nasty BBMs from him saying I broke his heart.
verb[with object] (BBMs, BBMing, BBMd) Back to top
- Send (someone) an instant message using BlackBerry Messenger: I BBM him every once in a whileMore example sentences
- If you need to bolt, BBM me, and I'll call you with an emergency.
- I managed to sleep in the room by myself for two nights, ordering room service and smoking cuban cigars and BBMing all of my friends back home.
- I'm constantly texting or BBMing random people I meet.
early 21st century: from the initial letters of BlackBerry Messenger, from BlackBerry, the proprietary name of the mobile devices on which the messaging application is installed (see BlackBerry).
More definitions of BBMDefinition of BBM in:
- The British & World English dictionary