Definition of Baltic in English:
1Of or relating to the Baltic Sea or the region surrounding it.
- It supports the restoration of a levy on grain imports from the Black Sea and Baltic regions and pledges to resist any further support price cuts.
- Seven new countries from eastern Europe and the Baltic region, formerly part of the Soviet empire, were given membership tickets.
- The reason is that Kaliningrad also depends on transit trade through the non-Russian Baltic region.
2Denoting, belonging to, or relating to a branch of the Indo-European family of languages consisting of Lithuanian, Latvian, and Old Prussian.
- The official language is Lithuanian, one of two remaining languages in the Baltic branch of the Indo-European languages.
- Latvian, along with Lithuanian, is considered part of the small Baltic language group of the Indo-European family.
- Latvian belongs to the Baltic group of languages.
nounBack to top
2The Baltic languages collectively.
- But you just can't argue with top-notch Baltic pop-rock like this.
- If not, do Southern Europeans speak Baltic?
- Is it true that they all speak Baltic?
Definition of Baltic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan