- A branch of the Indo-European language family that includes the Baltic and Slavic languages.More example sentences
- This book tries to demonstrate that the value of Latvian data for Balto-Slavic accentology has hitherto not been fully recognized.
- Balto-Slavic is next, although I am not sure a Proto Balto-Slavic is a reasonable reconstruction to make.
- The linking of Indic and Iranian as Indo-Iranian, and of Baltic and Slavic as Balto-Slavic, seems much more generally accepted, however.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to Balto-Slavic.More example sentences
- It should be noted that the Ural-Altaic peoples freely mixed with the Balto-Slavic peoples over the centuries.