Definition of Barbary ape in English:
A tailless macaque monkey that is native to northwestern Africa and also found on the Rock of Gibraltar.
- Macaca sylvana, family Cercopithecidae
- The Rock itself has an uplifting natural beauty, stunning wildlife and those curious, but worldly, star celebrities - the cute, cheeky, tail-less Barbary apes called Macaques.
- Chris travels to Gibraltar to encounter the only free-living primates in Europe, Barbary apes, and joins a research boat to go dolphin watching around the bay.
- For example, you absolutely must take a tour to the Upper Rock to see the famous Barbary apes, which live there in a semi-wild state.
Definition of Barbary ape in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India