- another term, especially formerly, for Anura.More example sentences
- This clade is also referred to as Batrachia and is placed in superorder Salientia.
- Maximum parsimony analysis of this latter data set also recovered monophyly of living amphibians and favored a frog + salamander (Batrachia) relationship.
- For example, Batrachia and Gymnophiona are sister taxa within the ancestral taxon, Amphibia (or ‘Lissamphibia’ in many systems).
modern Latin (plural), from Greek batrakhos 'frog'.
More definitions of BatrachiaDefinition of Batrachia in:
- The British & World English dictionary