Definition of Bavarian in English:
1A native or inhabitant of Bavaria.
- For the first time in the history of the Federal Republic, where regional differences remain entrenched and laden with meaning, it looked like a Bavarian might occupy the chancellor's office.
- ‘If we fail to win a trophy, it will be a year wasted,’ Hitzfeld said as the Bavarians began pre-season training this week after an eventful close season with plenty of rumours but no spectacular transfers.
- There was more good news for the Bavarians the same day when third-placed Hamburg lost 2-1 at Hertha Berlin, leaving them eight points behind Bayern.
2The dialect of German used in Bavaria.
- Even within Germany, the use of Bavarian, Swabian, or even Franconian dialect in lyrics signaled increased regional self-awareness in the face of linguistic homogenization.
- Herzog only spoke Bavarian until he went to school where he had to learn Hochdeutsch.
- Next we went to lunch at a tiny, very old school restaurant where they only spoke Bavarian.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Bavaria, its people, or their language.
- Things have moved to a totally new level,’ said Bavarian state interior minister Guenther Beckstein.
- He then adds a shot of Bavarian chocolate, a shot of espresso, a dash of crushed red chili peppers and a truffle of whipped cream infused with Canadian maple syrup and sprinkled with chocolate shavings.
- With an extensive range of options - from carpaccio to crispy chicken fingers and from Bavarian wurst to a selection of French cheeses - the menu was truly international.
Words that rhyme with Bavarianagrarian, antiquarian, apiarian, Aquarian, Arian, Aryan, authoritarian, barbarian, Bulgarian, Caesarean (US Cesarean), centenarian, communitarian, contrarian, Darien, disciplinarian, egalitarian, equalitarian, establishmentarian, fruitarian, Gibraltarian, grammarian, Hanoverian, humanitarian, Hungarian, latitudinarian, libertarian, librarian, majoritarian, millenarian, necessarian, necessitarian, nonagenarian, octogenarian, ovarian, Parian, parliamentarian, planarian, predestinarian, prelapsarian, proletarian, quadragenarian, quinquagenarian, quodlibetarian, Rastafarian, riparian, rosarian, Rotarian, sabbatarian, Sagittarian, sanitarian, Sauveterrian, sectarian, seminarian, septuagenarian, sexagenarian, topiarian, totalitarian, Trinitarian, ubiquitarian, Unitarian, utilitarian, valetudinarian, vegetarian, veterinarian, vulgarian
Definition of Bavarian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan