- The area comprising the Bering Strait and adjacent parts of Siberia and Alaska, especially in connection with the migration of animals across the former Bering land bridge. See Bering Strait.
- More example sentences
- Two species, Tyrannosaurus, in North America, and Tarbosaurus, in Asia, were so closely related that they constitute strong evidence for a Beringian land bridge joining the two continents in Late Cretaceous times.
- In the case of the Beringian pattern, these results extend the findings for mammals from the Paleocene and Eocene, implying periods of interchange throughout the Tertiary.
- Therefore, Arctic mammalian faunas should be considered part of the Beringian faunal province.
More definitions of BeringiaDefinition of Beringia in:
- The British & World English dictionary