- A chocolate sponge cake with layers of morello cherries or cherry jam and whipped cream and topped with chocolate icing.More example sentences
- A refrigerated cabinet in one corner holds desserts, with items like Black Forest cakes on display on our evening.
- When I ordered the Black Forest gateau, the waiter had to tell me that it was ‘very, very’ sweet, in case it was too extreme for my taste.
- The birthday table next to us ordered just one candle-decorated slice of Black Forest gateau to share amongst everyone, it seemed.
Black Forest, a translation of German Schwarzwald, the name of a forested area in southwestern Germany.
More definitions of Black Forest cakeDefinition of Black Forest cake in:
- The British & World English dictionary