- A viral infection with fever and pain in the muscles of the ribs.More example sentences
- Pleurodynia (also called Bornholm disease) is a related coxsackie virus infection that causes painful spasms in the muscles of the chest and upper abdomen.
- More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Bornholm disease is available below.
- Viruses that cause Bornholm disease are present in the faeces of infected individuals.
1930s: named after the island of Bornholm, where it was first described.
More definitions of Bornholm diseaseDefinition of Bornholm disease in:
- The British & World English dictionary