Definition of Bosnian in English:
1A native or inhabitant of the Balkan country Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- It is no surprise because Bosnia-Herzegovina is a patchwork of Christian and Muslim, Croat, Serb, and Bosnian, Orthodox and Catholic.
- Sokolov tried a slightly different line than the one he played against Short, but once again the Bosnian drew a blank.
- Danis Tanovic, a Bosnian, wrote and directed the film.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Bosnia and Herzegovina, its people, or their language.
- That day a large group of village people gathered around a long picnic table eating barbecued lamb and singing Bosnian folk songs helped along by a drink not unlike poteen.
- Set during the Bosnian War, the film follows three soldiers - two Bosnian and one Serb - trapped together in a trench dug between enemy lines.
- In 1998, I became a Bosnian citizen.
Definition of Bosnian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan