Definition of Boston ivy in English:
A Virginia creeper with three-lobed leaves, cultivated for its foliage.
- Parthenocissus tricuspidata, family Vitaceae
- Wisteria and clematis vines cover the arbors, while Boston ivy and trumpet vines link the two levels.
- Climbers with clinging rootlets along the stems (climbing hydrangea, English ivy, creeping fig) or disc-shaped holdfasts (Virginia creeper, Boston ivy) can damage old, crumbly mortar or loose stucco.
- About half a century ago, a tiny Boston ivy appeared in the dusty space below the neighboring home and began to climb and proliferate.
Definition of Boston ivy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan