- A small smooth-coated terrier of a breed originating in Massachusetts from a crossing of the bulldog and terrier.More example sentences
- Among terriers, only the Yorkshire terrier and the Boston terrier saw more registrations in 1998.
- The breed remained popular until World War I, when the Boston terrier gained overnight celebrity, supplanting the French bulldog as high society's favorite little dog.
- Like Boston cream pie, which isn't really a pie, the Boston terrier isn't precisely a terrier, though the breed's original ingredients did include a number of terriers.
More definitions of Boston terrierDefinition of Boston terrier in:
- The British & World English dictionary