- A law stating that the pressure of a given mass of an ideal gas is inversely proportional to its volume at a constant temperature.More example sentences
- The behavior of gasses at depth is governed by Boyle's law: the volume of a gas varies inversely with pressure.
- Basic diver training teaches us Boyle's law, that the volume of a gas is inversely proportional to pressure.
- Derived from Boyle's law, Charles's law, and the constant volume law, it can be written as pV / T = a constant, where p is the pressure, V is the volume, and T is the absolute temperature.
More definitions of Boyle's lawDefinition of Boyle's law in:
- The British & World English dictionary