- A dessert apple of a variety with crisp flesh, first grown in New Zealand.More example sentences
- She did these tests on more than 138,000 pounds of Gala, Jonagold, Braeburn, Granny Smith, Fuji, and Golden and Red Delicious apples.
- One of the most popular apple varieties is Braeburn, which constitutes 30 to 40 per cent of the New Zealand harvest.
- The discovery and commercialization of new apple varieties like Gala and Braeburn (now grown worldwide) helped keep the apple industry afloat in the 1970s in the face of strong international pressures on New Zealand's production.
More definitions of BraeburnDefinition of Braeburn in:
- The British & World English dictionary