Definition of Brazilian in English:
1A native or inhabitant of Brazil.
- It quickly becomes apparent that the chef - a native Brazilian - is no meatball.
- Hundreds of Brazilians gathered in the town's square in their native costume for 12 hours of dancing to celebrate the carnival season in their own country last summer.
- In my view, these are highly populist, and don't have the power to bring any real benefit to Brazilians or Latin Americans.
2 (also Brazilian wax) A style of waxing a woman’s pubic hair in which almost all the hair is removed, with only a very small central strip remaining.
- She's getting a Brazilian wax for the first time.
- I got a Brazilian wax for my engagement.
- I have done an all-off Brazilian wax only once, and here are some things they don't tell you about it.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Brazil.
- As a hippy, he wrote songs that revolutionised Brazilian rock, but some subversive comic-strips landed him in jail and he became one of the ‘disappeared’.
- More than 200 Brazilian players are currently registered as being foreign-based in countries ranging from Spain and Italy to Finland, El Salvador and China.
- If there is one arranger capable of putting a string section to non-treacly use, it is Jacques Morelenbaum, the Brazilian cellist who has worked wonders with the great Caetano Veloso.
Definition of Brazilian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan