- English as used in Great Britain, as distinct from that used elsewhere.More example sentences
- Webster wanted to distinguish American English from British English by correcting irregular spellings and eliminating silent letters.
- Thus, educated speakers of American English and British English can be regarded as using dialects of the same language because differences of these three kinds exist between them.
- The differences in words and meanings of words between British English and American English are a constant source of interest and amusement to me.
More definitions of British EnglishDefinition of British English in:
- The British & World English dictionary