Definition of Briton in English:
1A citizen or native of Great Britain.
- Two US citizens and one Briton were abducted from a house in one of Baghdad's wealthier suburbs yesterday, the Iraqi Interior Ministry said.
- It's a real moment to make, I think, every Briton proud.
- If you search here for the same first name, you'll find 20 more Americans with such a first name, plus one Canadian and one Briton.
1.1A person of British descent.
- Standing on a stage and also visible on a huge TV screen overlooking the square, Mr Netanyahu thanked British Jews and all Britons for their support.
- Ten days before the general election an NOP poll showed that 60% of Britons wanted British troops out by the end of this year.
- Hundreds of Britons besieged the British Embassy.
2One of the people of southern Britain before and during Roman times.
- When the Romans left Britain, the Britons did not use their roads.
- Another option is to test for interaction between Roman soldiers and local Britons, by searching for African DNA in the local gene pool.
- In 406 and 409 the Britons rebelled against Roman rule.
Words that rhyme with Britonbitten, bittern, Britain, Britten, handwritten, hardbitten, kitten, Lytton, mitten, smitten, underwritten, witan, written
Definition of Briton in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan